An online survey is the systematic procedure of gathering relevant information from the target audience via the internet. Online survey is considered the fastest way of collecting data from respondents as compared to other data collection methods such as interviews and paper-and-pencil method. Online surveys are created as web forms with a database to store answers, and statistical software to provide analytics online surveys are performed by companies, businesses, and individuals or enhance performance or achieve set objectives.
Before venturing in an online survey, it is important to learn about its advantages.
Advantages of Online Survey
- Low costs – conducting an online survey is a much cheaper activity than traditional methods. Sending email questionnaires are fast and more affordable than face-to-face methods.
- Design flexibility – complex types of surveys can be programmed and conducted easily over the internet. The questionnaire can provide respondents with one response answer such as no or yes which reduces errors
- Increased response rates – online survey provides respondents the highest degree of convenience since they can fill the questionnaire on their schedule and pace.
- Automation in data handling and real-time handling – Respondents can fill the questionnaire when connected to the internet. The answers are automatically stored in a survey database making it easier to streamlined and increase availability.
How to make money online from surveys
Well, that is everyone’s question. Online survey is one of the new ways you can apply to make some extra dollars. Before starting this business venture, you need to know of the following;
- Both short and long surveys are good – some respondents may like short questionnaires, but others would not mind to have a long survey as long as they can take a break and complete it later.
- Mobile Surveying – mobile devices are easily becoming the mainstream in online surveying. With increased number of smartphones, most people can access and fill your questionnaires easily.
- A metadata is important – a metadata explains what causes dropouts, what behavioral traits the respondents have, and what makes good or bad questions. With these information, you can design a questionnaire that will be suitable to all respondents and adds value to research findings.
- Understand the payment system – survey companies does not pay in cash but rather reward you with points, or credits. Once you have a specified amount of points or credits, they are redeemed in exchange for a gift card. The gift cards are used in hotels, shopping malls or Amazon. The points may be redeemed for PayPal cash gift cards.
If you are willing to make money from online surveys, you should be fully prepared for the task and make sure you meet the qualifications that the surveyors are looking for. Fill the screening surveys that are given by the surveyor before hiring you. The screening surveys are important because they increase the number of surveys a company gives you. Keep your email active to notify you of any surveys sent to you. Choose the best surveys and complete them within the given time. Ensure you check terms and conditions segment before filling any survey to avoid scam surveys. Do not pay any fee before accessing the survey list. Avoid companies that pay with a gift card but choose the ones that pay cash.